What are Ese pods?
ESE Coffee Pods are environmentally friendly coffee pods which contains approximately 7.5 grams of compressed coffee encased in a permeable food grade paper.
ESE stands for Easy Serving Espresso. It emulates the disc of coffee from a regular coffee group head that has been tamped down with the only difference being the paper that filters out impurities.
ESE pods have been available for many years in Europe and are relatively new to the UK market. Here at The Italian Coffee Club, our goal is to to bring you quality of Italian artisan coffee and a first-class service at outstanding value.
How to use ESE coffee pods?
It’s really very simple to make a premium cup of coffee with ESE Pods.
- You need a coffee machine with a special pod adaptor. We sell authentic Italian “La Piccola” Coffee Machines which are designed to take ESE Coffee pods or our value range from "FABER" elegant and compact machines, both made in Italy
- You then insert the ESE pod into the machine.
- Hot water under pressure is then forced through the pod giving you a premium, consistent cup of coffee.
- Hot water under pressure is then forced through the pod giving you a premium, consistent cup of coffee every time.
- You can then dispose of the paper pod and use it as compost in your garden.